- Public Works
- Current Projects
Ironwood Road Restrictions:
Construction and Lane Restrictions begin October 31st for work on Ironwood Road
- Scheduled for October 31-November 4, 2022, northbound Ironwood Road traffic will be reduced to one lane from Ray Road to Elliot Road alignment. Traffic control will be in place from 8 am to 4 pm each day for crews to mill (remove) asphalt and place temporary asphalt on the east side of Ironwood Road (northbound lanes) to accommodate traffic for upcoming work. Southbound traffic should not be affected.
- Scheduled to begin on November 7, 2022, Ironwood Road traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction, reduced to 25 mph, from McCormick Road (former racetrack entry) to the floodway. Traffic control will remain in place even during non-work hours to protect the work zone.
- Initial work will take place as DCS Contracting crews install sewer pipelines across Ironwood Road at the Ray Road alignment through mid to late December, with traffic shifted as needed to accommodate the work.
- Scheduled to begin in mid to late December, Garney Construction crews will begin installing water pipelines on the west side (southbound lanes) of Ironwood Road, from the Ray Road alignment north.
- Following the waterline work, DCS Contracting crews will work to widen Ironwood Road as part of the future development off-site improvements.
- Lane reductions on Ironwood Road are expected to remain in place through the end of 2023.
Project information contact: 480-898-4100
SR 88 (Apache Trail) and Tomahawk Road intersection closure begins April 17th
The Arizona Department of Transportation advises drivers who use State Route 88 (Apache Trail) in Apache Junction to allow extra travel time while following long-term closure in place for drainage improvements.
The intersection of SR 88 and Tomahawk Road will be closed for 50 days beginning April 17th.
Drivers traveling northeast on SR 88 may use eastbound Superstition Blvd and northbound Goldfield Rd to Lost Dutchman Blvd, then west to return to SR88.
Drivers traveling southwest on SR88 may use westbound Lost Dutchman Blvd to southbound Idaho Rd to return to SR88.
ADOT advises drivers to slow down and use caution around construction personnel and equipment while work is underway.
Visit the project website at https://azdot.gov/SR88-Tomahawk-Buffalo for more information and to subscribe for project updates by email.
Projects are subject to change due to weather or equipment breakdowns.
Any questions please contact Public Works at 480-982-1055.