Ironwood Road Restrictions:
Construction and Lane Restrictions begin October 31st for work on Ironwood Road
- Scheduled for October 31-November 4, 2022, northbound Ironwood Road traffic will be reduced to one lane from Ray Road to Elliot Road alignment. Traffic control will be in place from 8 am to 4 pm each day for crews to mill (remove) asphalt and place temporary asphalt on the east side of Ironwood Road (northbound lanes) to accommodate traffic for upcoming work. Southbound traffic should not be affected.
- Scheduled to begin on November 7, 2022, Ironwood Road traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction, reduced to 25 mph, from McCormick Road (former racetrack entry) to the floodway. Traffic control will remain in place even during non-work hours to protect the work zone.
- Initial work will take place as DCS Contracting crews install sewer pipelines across Ironwood Road at the Ray Road alignment through mid to late December, with traffic shifted as needed to accommodate the work.
- Scheduled to begin in mid to late December, Garney Construction crews will begin installing water pipelines on the west side (southbound lanes) of Ironwood Road, from the Ray Road alignment north.
- Following the waterline work, DCS Contracting crews will work to widen Ironwood Road as part of the future development off-site improvements.
- Lane reductions on Ironwood Road are expected to remain in place through the end of 2023.
Project information contact: 480-898-4100
Tomahawk Rd from Broadway Ave to Superstition Blvd
The city's contractor will be reconstructing and repaving Tomahawk Rd between Broadway and Superstition beginning November 20th to December 22, 2023. Work is planned to occur between 6AM to 5PM daily. The project will result in the street's closure from November 27th to December 19, 2023 open to local traffic only with the detour of through traffic using Cactus Rd or Wickiup Rd. It can be expected the work will disrupt driveway access within this area for periods of time as street construction passes and surface is prepared for traffic.
Lane and Sidewalk Closure
Broadway Ave from Delaware to Idaho Rd
The city's contractor will be making sidewalk improvements along Broadway Ave from Delaware to Idaho Rd beginning December 18th to December 28, 2023. Work will result in intermittent lane closures to Broadway Ave impacting both directions of travel during this time. This is not a full road closure. Portions of east and westbound sidewalks will have closures at various locations as the work progresses.
Projects are subject to change due to weather or equipment breakdowns.
Any questions please contact Public Works at 480-982-1055.