- Development Services
Thank you to everyone who participated in making this year's Building Safety Month a success. We appreciate each and every one of you!
New Development in Apache Junction
New and current developments in Apache Junction can be found on the City of Apache Junction's GIS Development map.
Planning & Zoning Division
You may visit the Planning & Zoning webpage by clicking here: Planning & Zoning
Planning & Zoning can be reached by calling 480-474-5083. Please leave a detailed message when contacting Planning & Zoning, including your name, property location (address or APN), email address and any other pertinent information. Your call will be returned as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience and encourage those needing assistance to contact the office before arrival.
Planning & Zoning applications are accepted online at MyGovernmentOnline.org. To create an account, please click here: My Government Online
Building Safety and Inspection Division
You may visit the Building Division webpage by clicking here: Building Division.
Building & Safety can be reached by calling 480-474-5156. Please leave a detailed message when contacting Building & Safety, including your Permit # if applicable. Your call will be returned as soon as possible. You can also reach Building & Safety by emailing: BuildingPermits@apachejunctionaz.gov
Building permit applications are accepted online at MyGovernmentOnline.org. Click here for more information. Currently, our review times are four to six weeks.
Building Inspections - Inspections need to be scheduled by calling (480) 474-5101. Please remember to provide a call back number when leaving a message.
The Development Services Department endeavors to provide equitable, courteous, timely, consistent quality service resulting in opportunities for economic and community development, planning for future growth, improving the image of the community and ensuring building safety.
- The City of Apache Junction has adopted new administrative provisions and the 2018 International Codes. These new provisions can be found in Ordinance 1475 passed June 18, 2019.
- The City participates in both HOME and CDBG (Community Development Block Grant) Programs offered through the Arizona Department of Housing.
- Development Services is updating policies and procedures to increase service levels and responsiveness to citizen requests for assistance.
Meetings - Click here: Meeting Agendas
- Planning and Zoning - second and fourth Tuesdays at 7 pm in City Council Chambers
- Board of Adjustment - meets on as "as needed" basis only on the second Monday at 7 pm in City Council Chambers
- Public Art Commission - meets on an "as needed" basis the second Monday at 5:30 pm in City Council Chambers
Notification of cancelled meetings will be posted on the bulletin board in front of city offices at 300 E. Superstition Blvd., Apache Junction, five calendar days before the meeting date.
The City of Apache Junction invites and welcomes people of all abilities to use its programs, sites and facilities. Any question about City programs, sites and facilities for people with disabilities should be directed to the ADA Coordinator at (480) 982-1055, TDD (480) 983-0095, or by emailing the coordinator directly. Additional information may be found at the City of Apache Junction's ADA web page.