- City Clerk
- Health & Human Services Commission
Health & Human Services Commission
The Health and Human Services Commission was formed under city code Article § 2-11 and conducts public hearings to determine the needs of city residents with regards to public health, the care of the elderly, and persons with disabilities. The commission accepts, reviews, and makes recommendations of funding requests submitted by health and human services providers to the city council.
The funding program is made possible under city code Article § 2-14. The intent of the human services funding is to provide monies for human services agencies to provide a valued service to the community. Services should be new or innovative programs and services which extend the scope of existing services. Funding is not intended to provide annual funding to any agency for an indefinite period of time.
There are seven members appointed for three-year terms. At least 4 of the 7 members must be residents of the city, and no more than 3 being non-residents from within the zone of influence. No individual shall be appointed to this commission if the individual has received funding from the city either as an individual, or if such person has served on the board of an agency or been the employee of an agency that has received funding from the city at any time during the preceding 12 months.
A list of current commission members can be found here by scrolling down to the Health & Humans Services Commission and clicking on the Member Roster tab.
The commission meets as needed, at 5:00 p.m. in the City Council Chambers located at 300 E. Superstition Boulevard, Apache Junction, AZ 85119.
Commission Meeting Agendas, Minutes & Videos:
Agendas, minutes and videos of the meetings can be viewed here.
Funding for Fiscal Year 2024 (contract period July 1, 2023 - June 30, 2024):
The Health & Human Services funding request application and required documents are due by midnight on January 31st. Applications can be submitted in person to the city clerk's office or via e-mail to email@example.com. City offices are open Monday through Thursday, 7:00 am to 6:00 pm. PLEASE NOTE: FUNDING APPLICATIONS ARE ONLY ACCEPTED FROM NOVEMBER 1 THROUGH JANUARY 31.
Ordinance 659 defines the required documentation and quarterly reporting as well as contract requirements.
The application period is as follows:
- November - notice of funding availability is released
- January 31st - application and required documents due to the City Clerk's Office
- February - commission will review and score applications at the commission meeting
- March - commission can interview applicants (not mandatory) at the commission meeting
- April - commission will make initial funding recommendations at the commission meeting
- May - commission will present funding recommendations to council at a council work session
- June - council will finalize, approve and adopt funding contracts at a regular council meeting
- July 1st - contracts begin
Mailed applications shall be submitted and received no later than January 31, 2023.
Health and Human Services Commission
c/o City Clerk’s Office
300 East Superstition Blvd.
Apache Junction, Arizona 85119