Dutchman Dog Park is the only public off leash dog park in Apache Junction. The park was designed and intended for dogs and their handlers.
With the help of operators of other off-leash facilities in the area, the Parks and Recreation Commission, Apache Junction Animal Control, park rangers and the dog park citizen committee, a list of rules and guidelines were developed for the new dog park. Here is that list.
- Park users and handlers assume all risk related to the dog park and may be held liable for injuries or damages.
- Dogs must be leashed during entrance and exit and dog handlers must carry a leash for each dog at all times.
- Dogs must be wearing a collar or harness at all times
- Dogs must be licensed, vaccinated and wear a visible and current tag.
- Dogs using the park must be older than four (4) months.
- Female dogs in heat are not allowed in the dog park. All dogs are recommended to be spayed or neutered.
- Limit of three (3) dogs per handler.
- Dogs must be under voice control and the handler must be within the enclosure at all times.
- Any dog displaying aggressive behavior must be leashed and removed immediately.
- Handlers must clean up after their dogs.
- Dog treats/food and human food are not allowed in the park excepted for designated activities and events.
- Dog handlers must repair damage from digging and must remove/dispose of hair from grooming.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied, under strict supervision of an adult. For their safety, children are not allowed to run in the area, play, or chase after dogs.
- Gates must be kept closed at all times.
- Smoking, alcoholic beverages, and food are not permitted within the park.
- Limit bags and possessions in the park – do not leave unattended at any time
- The city of Apache Junction, its officials, employees and agents shall not be responsible for any accident, injury and/or loss of property or damage resulting from use of the dog park by any individual, group or organization.
- The facility is open to dog handlers and dogs complying with the parks posted regulations. Those not following park rules will be required to leave.
If you have questions or would like to be a part of future citizen committees, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org